Since moving to Edinburgh, I’ve really enjoyed sampling the huge selection of artisan coffee roasters and cute wee cake shops all over the city. There’s no way I like to spend my mornings off work more than catching up with friends over a cappuccino, or blogging away in a quiet corner with a chai latte.
Here I’ve compiled my Top Ten independent coffee shops in Edinburgh. What are yours?
2. Best for ethical treats and health foods: Earthy (Canonmills & Portobello)
3. Best for the most delicious local coffee: Artisan Roast (Broughton Street, Stockbridge, Bruntsfield)
4. Best for coffee on the go: Machina Espresso (Brougham Pl)
6. Best for breakfast and brunch: Project Coffee (Bruntsfield Place)
8. Best for charitable, enterprising caffeine: Social Bite (Rose St & Shandwick Place)
10. Best for customer service and decor: Black Medicine Coffee (Nicolson St and Bruntsfield Pl)
(Pictures from company websites)
Ruth @ Urbanity xxx