I am thrilled to announce the official launch of Urbanity’s new ethical fashion resource, developed in collaboration with Becca Coughlan!
This is a fresh section of the blog that offers ongoing research, curates the latest topical headlines, provides infographics, downloads, videos, and printables, collates the top ethical fashion bloggers, brands and books, podcasts, films and more. The aim of this new project, in response to the vast amount of information and misinformation on the web, is to create one singular place for people to come to for an instant hit of all things ethical fashion.
So why now? I spend a lot of time reading and writing articles about this topic, but I thought that the internet was lacking an intellectual yet accessible space to discuss the issues surrounding sustainability in fashion. Now more than ever, ethical fashion is reaching a forefront at last, with hugely influential publications like Vogue, Man Repeller, The Guardian and more covering the less frivolous side of fashion. Change is happening, with the idea of the clothing we buy impacting people, animals, and the environment slowly infiltrating the national psyche, but it is not fast enough to make a major difference in the face of fast fashion giants ruling the roost. I believe that in the influencer economy we now reside in, bloggers play a big part in initiating change, and making more considered choices in the knowledge that they will inspire and educate others.
Right now, the features we have on the resource include:
- Secondary research carried out by Becca Coughlan providing a vast general insight into the issues surrounding ethical fashion
- The results of primary research carried out by myself in the form of an extensive public survey to gauge perceptions of ethical fashion
- An extensive ongoing list of resources, including bloggers, films, videos, books, podcasts, interactive programmes for further reading
- The ultimate guide to shopping ethically, with a huge list of brilliant brands to buy from
- A curated selection of charities, NGOs and public bodies supporting the cause, and ways to support and engage with these movements
- A range of downloadable graphics and printable worksheets, all completely free
- An easy way to view all my latest blog posts about the subject
- A newsreel page, regularly updated with relevant articles from around the web.
- A new monthly newsletter sending out all the latest updates.
And coming soon to the resource we will have:
- A brand new e-book consolidating all that we’ve learned about ethical fashion!
- Updated surveys for readers to take part in new and exciting research.
- Collaborations with ethical brands to bring you exclusive offers, competitions and more.
- Petitions and other projects to lobby brands and government.
- New additions to all the above resources on a monthly basis!
Visit the new resource here!
Ruth @ Urbanity xxx